What's Next for SOC?
After 22 fantastic seasons of Shakespeare, Tom Bradac is passing the reins of Artistic Director on to company veteran John Walcutt. Almost single-handedly, Tom Bradac changed the face of classical theatre in Southern California. While we are sad to see him leave his mantle of artistic director behind, we are excited that both he and SOC have better things ahead!
The theme for SOC's immediate future is "One Big Family Under the Stars" with plans to expand and diversify our company, audience, and programming to more accurately reflect our amazing community. Some of these plans include:
- Expanding the season to run from June to October
- Presenting more than critically-acclaimed productions of Shakespeare, but also other plays, events, music, and diversions in our beautiful 540 Seat outdoor Amphitheatre.
- Upgrading the Festival Ampitheatre to enhance the outdoor experience.
- Opening a children's summer performing arts camp — hopefully free!
- Offering reduced ticket prices so everyone can come.